3.1 persistence one pager

Mitesh Meswani-2
The one pager for persistence related work in GlassFish 3.1 is now
available for review :

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3.1PersistenceOnePager

The complete list of one-pagers for 3.1 is available here:
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs#section-V3FunctionalSpecs-OnePagersFor3.1Release

Please provide your feedback/comments in this thread by May 28, 2010.

Thanks,
Mitesh

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Marina Vatkina-2
Hi Mitesh,

Will persistence code use GF embedded API to add such resource
dynamically in embedded mode?

thanks,
-marina

Arun Gupta wrote:

> Hi Mitesh,
>
> The approach mentioned in Section 4.1.2 of creating
> "default/__embedded: seems the right way. I blogged about a similar
> usecase at:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/totd_133_jpa2_jpql_criteria
>
> Thanks,
> -Arun
>
> On 5/20/10 6:17 PM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
>> The one pager for persistence related work in GlassFish 3.1 is now
>> available for review :
>>
>> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3.1PersistenceOnePager
>>
>> The complete list of one-pagers for 3.1 is available here:
>> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs#section-V3FunctionalSpecs-OnePagersFor3.1Release
>>

>> Please provide your feedback/comments in this thread by May 28, 2010.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mitesh

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Mitesh Meswani-2
Hi Marina,

I am planning to use following code
         CommandRunner cr = habitat.getComponent(CommandRunner.class);
         ActionReport ar = habitat.getComponent(ActionReport.class);
         cr.getCommandInvocation(commandName, ar).parameters(p).execute();

Do you think that is ok?

Thanks,
Mitesh
On 5/21/2010 1:15 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Hi Mitesh,
>
> Will persistence code use GF embedded API to add such resource
> dynamically in embedded mode?
>
> thanks,
> -marina
>
> Arun Gupta wrote:
>> Hi Mitesh,
>>
>> The approach mentioned in Section 4.1.2 of creating
>> "default/__embedded: seems the right way. I blogged about a similar
>> usecase at:
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/totd_133_jpa2_jpql_criteria
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Arun
>>
>> On 5/20/10 6:17 PM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:
>>> The one pager for persistence related work in GlassFish 3.1 is now
>>> available for review :
>>>
>>> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3.1PersistenceOnePager
>>>
>>> The complete list of one-pagers for 3.1 is available here:
>>> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs#section-V3FunctionalSpecs-OnePagersFor3.1Release
>>>

>>> Please provide your feedback/comments in this thread by May 28, 2010.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mitesh

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Marina Vatkina-2
Where will the parameters be stored? Will it make sense for the embedded
domain.xml to come pre-configured with this resource? (You would need to
check if it exists anyway before creating it).

thanks,
-marina

Mitesh Meswani wrote:

> Hi Marina,
>
> I am planning to use following code
>         CommandRunner cr = habitat.getComponent(CommandRunner.class);
>         ActionReport ar = habitat.getComponent(ActionReport.class);
>         cr.getCommandInvocation(commandName, ar).parameters(p).execute();
>
> Do you think that is ok?
>
> Thanks,
> Mitesh
> On 5/21/2010 1:15 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
>> Hi Mitesh,
>>
>> Will persistence code use GF embedded API to add such resource
>> dynamically in embedded mode?
>>
>> thanks,
>> -marina
>>
>> Arun Gupta wrote:
>>> Hi Mitesh,
>>>
>>> The approach mentioned in Section 4.1.2 of creating
>>> "default/__embedded: seems the right way. I blogged about a similar
>>> usecase at:
>>>
>>> http://blogs.sun.com/arungupta/entry/totd_133_jpa2_jpql_criteria
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Arun

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Siraj Ghaffar-2
This code should be fine, to run the command. Not all users of embedded
would be interested  in  using  the  resource. So in the spirit of
keeping the default domain.xml minimal, I think it is better to do this
dynamically, even though pre-configuring would provide better experience
for those who need it.

Marina Vatkina wrote:

> Where will the parameters be stored? Will it make sense for the
> embedded domain.xml to come pre-configured with this resource? (You
> would need to check if it exists anyway before creating it).
>
> thanks,
> -marina
>
> Mitesh Meswani wrote:
>> Hi Marina,
>>
>> I am planning to use following code
>>         CommandRunner cr = habitat.getComponent(CommandRunner.class);
>>         ActionReport ar = habitat.getComponent(ActionReport.class);
>>         cr.getCommandInvocation(commandName,
>> ar).parameters(p).execute();
>>
>> Do you think that is ok?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mitesh
>> On 5/21/2010 1:15 PM, Marina Vatkina wrote:
>>> Hi Mitesh,
>>>
>>> Will persistence code use GF embedded API to add such resource
>>> dynamically in embedded mode?
>>>
>>> thanks,
>>> -marina

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Mitesh Meswani-2
Hello all,

Comments are now closed for the Persistence one pager. You can see the
comments and responses here:

http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=GFv3ReviewPersistence

Regards,
Mitesh

On 5/20/2010 6:17 PM, Mitesh Meswani wrote:

> The one pager for persistence related work in GlassFish 3.1 is now
> available for review :
>
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3.1PersistenceOnePager
>
> The complete list of one-pagers for 3.1 is available here:
> http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3FunctionalSpecs#section-V3FunctionalSpecs-OnePagersFor3.1Release
>

> Please provide your feedback/comments in this thread by May 28, 2010.
>
> Thanks,
> Mitesh

Re: 3.1 persistence one pager

Flavio Stutz
Fellows,

How do I quit receiving messages from this forum for a while?

Thanks.

Stutz