CORBA timeout: Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds

CORBA timeout: Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds

glassfish-2
I have a few RMI/IIOP calls that can take over an hour to run, but I keep getting a timeout error:
[code]
com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.CorbaResponseWaitingRoomImpl waitForResponse
WARNING: "IOP00410219: (COMM_FAILURE) Communications timeout waiting for response.  Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds"
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 219 completed: Maybe
        at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.communicationsTimeoutWaitingForResponse(ORBUtilSystemException.java:3273)
        at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.logging.ORBUtilSystemException.communicationsTimeoutWaitingForResponse(ORBUtilSystemException.java:3288)
        at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.CorbaResponseWaitingRoomImpl.waitForResponse(CorbaResponseWaitingRoomImpl.java:198)
        at com.sun.corba.ee.impl.transport.SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.waitForResponse(SocketOrChannelConnectionImpl.java:1196)
[/code]

The application is a web start application, I'm trying to set a initial context on start up but I can't figure out how to change the default corba wait response timeout value. I tried this:
[code]
            Properties props = new Properties();
             props.setProperty("com.sun.corba.ee.transport.ORBWaitForResponseTimeout", "7200000");
            _iInitial = new InitialContext(props);
[/code]

But that doesn't seem to have any affects.

Is there a way, either on the glassfish server (which is where my application is deployed) or in my web start application to change the default corba timeout?

Thanks,

Jerry
[Message sent by forum member 'djgerbavore' ([hidden email])]

Re: CORBA timeout: Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds

glassfish-2
Had this exact same problem.... fixed it in the following thread...

http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=360567#360567

which references...
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/jws-glassfish/part4.html#1

Long story short, basically just add the prop to your url like so:

http://website/earApplication/earApplicationClient?prop=com.sun.corba.ee.transport.ORBWaitForResponseTimeout=7200000
[Message sent by forum member 'enderfake' ([hidden email])]

Re: CORBA timeout: Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds

glassfish-2
awesome thanks for the help.
[Message sent by forum member 'djgerbavore' ([hidden email])]

Re: CORBA timeout: Exceeded 1,800,000 milliseconds

salocinx
Do you have up-to-date links? The links are meanwhile dead and it would be very valuable information for me... Thank you very much in advance!