Glassfish server configuration - domain - instance

Glassfish server configuration - domain - instance

forums-8
New to Glassfish. Installed Glassfish 3.1.2 as a domain server. Depoloyed
test application and all works fine. However I would like to create a
separate server where I can deploy test applications first and once they are
debugged then deploy to production. In configuring a separate test area, I'm
not sure if I should create another domain server or create an instance - I
am not sure what the difference is betweeen the two. Thanks, Bob

--

[Message sent by forum member 'bobt100']

Re: Glassfish server configuration - domain - instance

Tom Mueller-2
For information about domains and their relationship to server
instances, see
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18930_01/html/821-2416/ggoek.html#scrolltoc

If you use one domain with a test and production instance, then you can
use one admin console to manage both instances (i.e., you only need to
login once). You could even share a named configuration between the two
servers so that the configuration stays in sync. This all requires using
a single domain.

However, if you want more separation and independence between the
servers, such as being able to upgrade the GlassFish software on the
test instance before you upgrade the software on the production
instance, then it would be appropriate to use two domains.

Tom