Mysql login problems

eveeve

Hi everyone,

In netbeans 6.8, i have mysql under Database, in the services tab.
Now I try connecting to it I get the following error -

server host name - localhost
port no. 3306
Username -root
pwd - root

I get error -

Unable to connect to mysql-
Communication fail.

The server may not be set properly or your mysql properties are not set properly.

Please, help.

Thanks

eve

Re: Mysql login problems

Oggie
You better create in MySQL an user as admin, what it means this user will have all grants.
Then set up in NetBeans the MySQL with this user. What do you get? Well, every time you
need to create a new database you will be prompt for this user. Accept and you will have got it.

Take a look at this web,

I am not sure you have anything wrong, but this.

Hoping this helps,

Best Regards,
Jose

RE: Mysql login problems

eveeve

I am trying to connect to it in netbeans. It's listed under service tab. When I installed
the old netbeans, I installed the full version with jdk and glassfish too, so mysql must have been installed too.
I've nerver used it.

Thanks

Yvonne

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:08:07 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]; [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Subject: Re: Mysql login problems

Is the mysql database startup and running?

Homer

On Feb 27, 2010, at 2:43 PM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi everyone,

In netbeans 6.8, i have mysql under Database, in the services tab.
Now I try connecting to it I get the following error -

server host name - localhost
port no. 3306
Username -root
pwd - root

I get error -

Unable to connect to mysql-
Communication fail.

The server may not be set properly or your mysql properties are not set properly.

Please, help.

Thanks

eve

FW: Mysql login problems

eveeve

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:04:28 +0000

Hi,

It says disconnected and I am trying to connect.  I have used both
my PC's name, IP address and localhost, and 127.0.0.1

I ping -

reply from localhost time = 0ms

I can't start it. I get errors.

thanks

eve

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:45:15 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Mysql login problems
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > In netbeans 6.8, i have mysql under Database, in the services tab.
> >
> > server host name - localhost
> > port no. 3306
> > Username -root
> > pwd - root
> >
> > I get error -
> >
> > Unable to connect to mysql-
> > Communication fail.
> >
> > The server may not be set properly or your mysql properties are not set
> > properly.
>
> So, are you saying you're sure those settings are correct, but you
> can't connect? Is the mysqld server running and listening on that
> port?
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [hidden email]
> twitter: @hassan

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

RE: Mysql login problems

eveeve
Yes,

I have, I even downloaded the admin tools and installed
it and set the properties to it so I can use the admin tools

how do I uninstall it and install it again? That why I can begin everything
again.

Thanks

eve

Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 20:44:54 -0800
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
CC: [hidden email]

Hi Eve,

Have you try following the following url "Connecting to a MySQL Database"?

http://netbeans.org/kb/docs/ide/mysql.html

Thanks,
Homer

Eve Pokua wrote:

Hi everyone,

In netbeans 6.8, i have mysql under Database, in the services tab.
Now I try connecting to it I get the following error -

server host name - localhost
port no. 3306
Username -root
pwd - root

I get error -

Unable to connect to mysql-
Communication fail.

The server may not be set properly or your mysql properties are not set properly.

Please, help.

Thanks

eve

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

RE: Mysql login problems

eveeve

When I connect I get 0ms message back. I am not able to connect it.  Is
it a good idea to uninstall it and download and install it using instructions?

Thanks

eve

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

Re: FW: Mysql login problems

Hassan Schroeder-2
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I can't start it. I get errors.

W. T. F. How do you expect anyone to help when you provide zero
information?

What is "it"? The mysqld daemon? If so, how exactly are you trying
to start it -- hopefully outside the IDE for now -- and what EXACTLY
are the "errors" you're getting?

twitter: @hassan

RE: Mysql login problems

eveeve
MS Vista.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
What OS are you have MySQL installed in?

Sent: Sunday, February 28, 2010 3:04 PM
Subject: FW: Mysql login problems

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:04:28 +0000

Hi,

It says disconnected and I am trying to connect.  I have used both
my PC's name, IP address and localhost, and 127.0.0.1

I ping -

reply from localhost time = 0ms

I can't start it. I get errors.

thanks

eve

> Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 17:45:15 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Mysql login problems
>
> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > In netbeans 6.8, i have mysql under Database, in the services tab.
> >
> > server host name - localhost
> > port no. 3306
> > Username -root
> > pwd - root
> >
> > I get error -
> >
> > Unable to connect to mysql-
> > Communication fail.
> >
> > The server may not be set properly or your mysql properties are not set
> > properly.
>
> So, are you saying you're sure those settings are correct, but you
> can't connect? Is the mysqld server running and listening on that
> port?
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [hidden email]
> twitter: @hassan

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free

RE: Mysql login problems

eveeve

I am searching for the doc command to check if it is installed
cos I can only see it on the IDE. I can't see it in my control panel
program features.  I can only see the mysql admin tools installed
which I installed yesterday.

I am assuming mysql was installed duriing my installation of the
full glassfish v2.1 and netbeans 6.7

Thanks

eve

> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:14:58 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: FW: Mysql login problems
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I can't start it. I get errors.
>
> W. T. F. How do you expect anyone to help when you provide zero
> information?
>
> What is "it"? The mysqld daemon? If so, how exactly are you trying
> to start it -- hopefully outside the IDE for now -- and what EXACTLY
> are the "errors" you're getting?
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [hidden email]
> twitter: @hassan

FW: Mysql login problems

eveeve

 Hi,

I did a check in command prompt and got this -

C:\Users\myname>which mysql
'which' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Thanks

eve

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]; [hidden email]; [hidden email]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 14:59:43 +0000

Hi,

I am searching for the doc command to check if it is installed
cos I can only see it on the IDE. I can't see it in my control panel
program features.  I can only see the mysql admin tools installed
which I installed yesterday.

I am assuming mysql was installed duriing my installation of the
full glassfish v2.1 and netbeans 6.7

Thanks

eve

> Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 06:14:58 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: FW: Mysql login problems
>
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I can't start it. I get errors.
>
> W. T. F. How do you expect anyone to help when you provide zero
> information?
>
> What is "it"? The mysqld daemon? If so, how exactly are you trying
> to start it -- hopefully outside the IDE for now -- and what EXACTLY
> are the "errors" you're getting?
>
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ [hidden email]
> twitter: @hassan

Re: Mysql login problems

Hassan Schroeder-2
On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Eve Pokua <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am searching for the doc command to check if it is installed
> cos I can only see it on the IDE. I can't see it in my control panel
> program features.  I can only see the mysql admin tools installed
> which I installed yesterday.

I don't know what you mean by "doc command". But if your listing
of programs doesn't show it, that seems significant. :-)

> I am assuming mysql was installed duriing my installation of the
> full glassfish v2.1 and netbeans 6.7

You're assuming that because __________?

Did you use it successfully? How did you start it then?

twitter: @hassan