Unused customizations and cutting extra xml

Unused customizations and cutting extra xml

James Hutton
So I sent a mail on the users list to the same effect as this, but
*why* is it required that unused customizations cause an error and why
are extra xml in appinfo's cut when parsing?  I see nothing within the
spec stating that there must be an accounting of the customizations
processed except that it should be checked.  To the same effect
com.sun.tools.xjc.model.Model#generateCode could emit a warning instead
of an error.  Also why does @jaxb:extensionBindingPrefixes need to be
specified?

Thanks,
James