Unused customizations

James Hutton

I've been off and on again writing custom jaxb plugins to drive additional tooling for schema generated code.  In all this time one thing has never been clear, why does jaxb/xjc require that all schema customizations be acknowledged?  The reason I ask is that this sometimes results in me having to write clearing house plugins when using an A->B project setup where B's schema doesn't use the extensions or plugins.  On top of this why does xjc also cut all the appinfo elements in the ExtensionBindingChecker that doesn't have a prefix in the magic extensionBindingPrefixes attribute?

Thanks,
James Hutton