User problems

eveeve
Hello,

 I have JEE 5 application which has an entity class for staff, status and customer.

The customer and staff class also contain similar fields such as address and telephone number.
I separated the staff and customer entity b'cos I wanted to separate where they can have
access.  The status entity relates to the staff b'cos a member of staff is either a 'boss', 'manager'
or a co-worker. This will help me manage which members of staff access where in the application.

I have seen applications which only has User as the entity and 'address' for any User's address.
So the User entity contains details of customers and staff.  Then Realms is used to manage the
Users as to what they can do within the system.

The role of normalisation is not to repeat data so I know I am repeating data by have
Staff and Customer with repeated fields such as address and phone no.  Could
somebody advice me on how to address this issue.

Thanks

eve