after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
Hi,

I've installed glassfish 3.0.1 (web profile). I've updated the keystore.jks (and cacerts.jks as described in the manual). All work ok, certificate was installed and https works fine. Only problem is that startserv asks me for the keystore password. I can't automate the startup of the server because of this. Any idea how to resolve this?

A note is that I had to migrate keystore from tomcat and the alias is "tomcat" instead of "s1as". I've updated domain.xml accordingly.

Thanks,

Kostas
[Message sent by forum member 'ariskk']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
password.txt
AS_ADMIN_MASTERPASSWORD=<your password>

-----
startserv --passwordfile=password.txt

should work.

Let me know if it does not.

If you had used asadmin start-domain instead, it should have prompted you for the master password. Give it a try and let me know if that works.

Regards,
Kedar
[Message sent by forum member 'km']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
hi,worked nicelly, thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'ariskk']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
hi again, I am now trying to just start the domain but again it asks for the password. Any idea how to automate this as well?

thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'ariskk']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
I am confused.
Sending the password in a passwordfile is a way to automate this since you don't need a human entering a password on prompt.

If you are paranoid of having to put your password on disk in clear, consider using asadmin change-master-password [b]--savemasterpassword[/b]. That gives a somewhat false sense of security, but at least obfuscates the password somehow :-)
[Message sent by forum member 'km']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
ok, my mistake, I was passing the wrong password file when I was trying to start the domain.

What's the difference of starting the domain and startserv? I think startserv spawns 1 more java instance.

Also more importantly, for monitoring jmx, is there a good glassfish plugin that you know? (I am currently using jconsole to monitor it). Something that could potentially send email alerts when jmx values reach a specific threshold - that would be very handy.

Thanks
[Message sent by forum member 'ariskk']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

glassfish-2
ok, new issue:

 ./pkg

The software needed for this command (pkg) is not installed.

When this tool interacts with package repositories, some system information
such as your system's IP address and operating system type and version
is sent to the repository server. For more information please see:

http://wiki.updatecenter.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=UsageMetricsUC2

Once installation is complete you may re-run this command.

Would you like to install this software now (y/n): y

Unrecognized exception: invalid USER image directory
java.lang.Exception: invalid USER image directory
        at com.sun.pkg.client.Image.<init>(Image.java:929)
        at com.sun.pkg.client.Image.<init>(Image.java:910)
        at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap._main(Bootstrap.java:188)
        at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap._main(Bootstrap.java:156)
        at com.sun.pkg.bootstrap.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:106)

Google'd it without any luck. The manual doesn't say anything about it. Tried updatetool too, same error. And the admin web interface doesn't show existing plugins or doesn't have an option to install new. Any ideas?
[Message sent by forum member 'ariskk']

Re: after changing keystore.jks, during startup I am asked for the keystore pwd

rupper
It's a bit old, but since this is the only thread that comes up when looking for "Unrecognized exception: invalid USER image directory", I'll leave the solution to the problem I found here.

I had this issue after a clean installation of glassfish 3. Checking the directory tree differences with a working version I found the only relevant change was that a file had disappeared on the new installation: It's in the glassfish3 root directory and it's called ".org.opensolaris,pkg".

Guess you already figured it out: it's a hidden file, so a "mv glassfish3/* /somewhere/else" command won't work here. It will move all directories in there but not the hidden file.

Moving back that file inside the installation directory will fix the problem. A begginer's mistake, I know :$

Hope this helps someone.

glassfish-2 wrote