glassfish directory stuff driving me nuts

glassfish directory stuff driving me nuts

wbmarvin
I've turned on listings on and debug 0 in Configurations Virtual Servers server and also alternate_docroot_1 and allowLinking. I've turned on listings and debug 0 in and also listings on and debug 0 indefault-web.xml

smylinks do not work either in the alternate docroot or the regular docroot. Directory listings don't work in the alternate docroot. what gives?