java.net mailing list problem

Amy Roh
FYI, the latest update on GlassFish mailing lists delays.

I have reported problems on [hidden email] and
[hidden email].

Please let me know if your email didn't get sent to other mailing lists
as well.

Thanks,
Amy

> <snip> So, here is the current scenario.  Spammers/virus had saturated
> most of
> the available smtp connections to Sun's smtp server, asmx1.sfo machine.
> We can only determine if the email is spam or not after we establish the
> smtp connection. These smtp connections get maxed out soon. As a
> workaround it would be possible to increase the # of smtp connections
> allowed to asmx1.sfo. However there is a capacity problem with the spam
> filter (Brightmail) which can't handle unlimited number of connections
> to the filter process. CN operations are trying to minimize the spread
> of the spam/virus at this point by:
> 1) Adding known virus subjects to the mail server so that it will reject
> those mails;
> 2) Limiting the # of sendmail processes so that we are allowing mail to
> flow slowly but surely.
> The Brightmail server as it exists now neither has neither clustering
> facility nor the Virus scanning ability. The upgrade to the next version
> of Brightmail promises to reduce the occurrences of such mail delays due
> to spam/virus attacks.
> </snip>
> That said, can you still give me detail regarding mailing lists that
> are still problematic, please?
> Looking at [hidden email], which
> was one of the lists reported as problematic last
> week, I do see messages from 11/26 and 11/27.  Have more messages been
> sent since?  I am also seeing archived messages in the list
> dev@sip-communicator.
> Note that if you received a system message
> saying that the message has been deleted from
> queue, I do not believe that this message
> will be processed. You should probably resend those messages.
> Thanks for the updates!
>
> Helen

Re: java.net mailing list problem

Amy Roh
Hi,

Can you let me know if anyone is still experiencing problems with mailing lists?

We are trying to figure out %processed vs. %missing for our mailing lists queue.

Info on which mailing list and when the email was sent would be helpful.

Thanks,
Amy